All about WINE!
Do you LOVE wine? So do we! Friends of the Verde River works closely with vineyards and winemakers across Arizona in order to support a healthy Verde River. These partnerships help keep water in the river while supporting our community’s economy. By purchasing one of these exclusive Friends-partnered wines, you support a flowing river while keeping your dollars in our local community.
This post features our bottle partnerships. Our wonderful partnering vineyards have selected exclusive vintages JUST for Friends! Read about these wines below, and consider purchasing a bottle or three – shopping locally supports healthy communities.
To view our full list of participating businesses click this link: Participating Businesses List
1) Cousin Idd by Chateau Tumbleweed in Clarkdale, Arizona. A donation is made to Friends of the Verde River with every bottle purchased. Order a bottle today!
Tasting notes: Cousin Idd’s composition has changed from vintage to vintage, but the goal has always been the same: to make a delicious and complex blend of Bordeaux varietals with focused, spicy red fruit and a harmonious tension between acid and tannin. This year, the rich, plummy, floral characters of Malbec share the lead role with the darker fruit and bigger tannins of Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Franc adds a vibrant streak of red fruit, juicy acidity, and green spice. This is a food-friendly wine that will evolve beautifully over the next 5+ years. Only 12 barrels produced!
2) New: Sauvignon Blanc by Alcantara Vineyards in Camp Verde, Arizona. A donation is made to Friends of the Verde River with every bottle purchased. Order a bottle today!
Tasting notes: A fantastic wine bursting with herbaceous green apple notes that carry over to zesty lemon flavors, ending with a lingering integrated acidity.
3) New: Wild Child Red 2018 by Pillsbury Wine Company in Cottonwood, Arizona. A donation is made to Friends of the Verde River with every bottle purchased. Order a bottle today!
Tasting notes: This lively wine from high desert grapes was aged in neutral oak for 18 months. Earthy, robust and fruity, this wine will pair deliciously with pizza, pasta, red meats, or barbecue. Serve chilled.
Want to partner with Friends? Become a Verde Conservation Partner today!
Looking for something a little different? Consider purchasing a local wine from oneof our other wine partners: Page Springs Cellars, Merkin Vineyards, Vino Di Sedona, and Salt Mine Wine. Local wine is delicious and supports a healthy Verde River!
- W. David Gressly to Join Friends of the Verde River as Executive Director December 4, 2023
- Double Your Impact: Help Us Raise $40,000 for the Verde River November 14, 2023
- 2023 Esri User Conference October 26, 2023
- Eerie Roads and Echoing Wings: Exploring Arizona’s Bat Haven October 25, 2023
- Exploring the Verde: A Tale of Stewardship and Storytelling September 29, 2023
- 2014 OFTV Funded Projects
- 2015 OFTV Funded Projects
- 2016 OFTV Funded Projects
- 2017 OFTV Funded Projects
- 2018 OFTV Funded Projects
- 2020 VCP
- Arizona Water Watchers
- Art & Photography
- Bird of the Month
- Birding & Nature Tours and Birding Festivals
- Birding Festival Vendor
- Friends News
- Groundwater Flow Model
- Habitat Restoration
- Interesting Reads
- Native Plant
- Native Seed Coop
- OFTV Funded Projects
- OFTV News
- Optics, Cameras & Birding Gear
- Outdoor Recreation
- Purdy Verde Blog
- Regional Water Management
- Strong Science
- Tourism Activities
- Verde Conservation Grant Funded Project
- VRE News
- VRE Participant
- VWRC News
- Water News
- Water Quality
- Water Resource Notes
- Wine and Beer Tasting
- Yavapai Apache Nation