Join us September 12-20, 2020!
Have a question? Click here to see the Virtual Runoff Q&A
A Virtual Race… how?
Given the current state of the country and of Arizona, we need to be innovative and prioritize safety. We aim to provide Arizonians and other Verde River supporters with a challenge: whether it be personal or competitive, we encourage you to get outside and enjoy a day on the water.
Non-competitive registrants will be able to get out on any body of water, anywhere in the world during September 12th through September 20th. Take some photos, challenge yourself, and enjoy time outdoors – in honor of Friends of the Verde River.
Competitive registrants must paddle the 10 miles of the Verde River from White Bridge River Access Point R.A.P. to Beasley Flat R.A.P. and time themselves using a sports tracking app. (we recommend Strava). Your time must be shared to VerdeRiverRunoff@gmail.com by September 20th at 11:59pm.
When is the Virtual Race?
The virtual race will begin on September 12th, 2020 and will continue through September 20th, 2020
- Racers must email their fastest time to Friends no later than September 20th @ 11:59pm in order to compete in the race.
- You may utilize any sports tracking app that tracks your distance, location and time, though we recommend Strava.
When can I start raising funds?
Fundraising will open at 12:01 a.m. on August 12, 2020, and will close at 11:59 p.m. on September 20, 2020.
What do I get for fundraising for Friends?
Your fundraising efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Friends of the Verde River, and will be utilized to best support our mission. However – we have some awesome gifts for those who decide to go above and beyond with fundraising for Friends of the Verde River! Reward items will be announced soon!
How do I support Friends without racing?
- Thank you so much for your interest! We encourage you to register as a $25 Non-Competitive Registrant – you are not expected to turn in a time, just get out and enjoy the water in honor of Friends of the Verde River!
- You will also have the opportunity to create your own fundraising page! By sharing your page on social media or with friends and family, you can help to raise money for Friends and earn some awesome prizes in return.
What is required to participate in the Virtual Verde River Runoff?
- You must register for the virtual event, as a waiver is mandatory.
- We strongly encourage fundraising but it is not required.
Friends of the Verde River envisions a healthy, flowing Verde River and tributaries that support our natural environment, vibrant communities, and quality of life for future generations. Friends is a nonprofit 501(c)3 and cannot operate without your support. By fundraising for Friends, you help continue the important work of protecting our ribbon of green!
When and where will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced at our Virtual Awards Party on September 21st, 2020 at 7:00pm PST. Prior to the event, a link will be sent to all registrants’ emails encouraging them to attend, however, attendance is not mandatory.